We are excited for the spring 2019 intramural season! The season begins on Sunday, April 7. Below, please find the weekly schedules for each age group. We look forward to seeing you on the field!
Spring 2019 Intramural Program
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Our Intramural Program offers play based on age groupings for boys & girls born from 2010 through 2015.
The Intramural Program is intended to develop young soccer players while ensuring that players of all skill levels have fun. All intramural games are played at the Mt. Sinai Elementary school fields. Teams compete within the Mount Sinai Youth Soccer club against our other intramural teams. Mid-week practices are held at the discretion of the coach, usually one per week located at the elementary school.
Equipment required for each player are a uniform, a pair of shin guards, a soccer ball. A number 3 soccer ball is needed for players born between 2011-2014; a number 4 soccer ball for those born from 2009-2010. Cleats are recommended but not required. If you’ve purchased a uniform in last two years or so, you will not need to buy new one if it still fits your child. We keep our uniform design as similar as possible from year to year to help keep costs down. They are reversible, with one side white and the other red. Uniforms or “kits” are currently purchased through Soccer.com using the following instructions:
- Go to Soccer.com
- Click on the "Team" tab at the top, then hold down and click on "find your team"
- You will see "find team store". Enter "Mount Sinai Youth Soccer" in the bar.
- You should then be on the "start here" page where you need to click and scroll down to find “Intramural Kit”.
- Select your kit (uniform) and start your order. The ordering and purchasing process is similar to that of any on-line store.
- You will automatically become a Gold Club member with soccer.com upon purchasing your child’s uniform and will get points towards your future purchases.
- You can choose any number that you wish for your child. Duplicate numbers are allowed in intramural play!
All games are on Sunday mornings from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm with the youngest players playing first. The break-down is as follows:
2015 (U4) and 2014 (U5) - 8:30 am to 9:30 am
2013 (U6) and 2012 (U7) - 10:00 am to 11:00 am
2011 and 2010 (U8/9) - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
The Intramural Registration Fee is $118 per child for players born 2012-2015.
For players born from 2010-2011, the fee is $198 per child. This fee has been raised to offset the costs of the professional training. Last year we did not charge extra for this as the costs were absorbed by the club.
Please note that the registration fee does not include uniforms or equipment. There is also an additional family discount that applies upon check out, a 10% for registering two siblings and 15% for three or more siblings.
We are always looking for coaches and volunteers to help with our program. If you’d like to help out as a head coach, assistant coach or team parent, please let us know! There is no experience necessary and we will have our professional trainers on hand to assist where needed.
Any parent who volunteers to be a head coach for the Fall season and is returns for the upcoming Spring season receives a registration fee waiver for one child for the Spring.
Please make sure to "Like" us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram!
(Update for the Registration Page)
Our intramural program offers play based on age groupings for boys & girls born from 2010 through 2015.
All intramural games are played at the Mt. Sinai Elementary school fields. Teams compete within the Mount Sinai Youth Soccer club against our other intramural teams. Practices are held at the discretion of the coach (usually one per week located at the elementary school). Equipment required for each player to purchase that are not included in the registration fee are shin guards, a number 3 soccer ball(ages 3-7), a number 4 Soccer ball (ages 8+), cleats(optional), and a uniform. Uniforms (known as intramural kits) are ordered on-line through Soccer.com. Detailed instructions on how to purchase are on our Intramural page.
1. Any player accepted for registration with MSYS shall be required to pay the full registration fee and any other fees paid by other players.
2. There shall be no refunds of registration fees paid on behalf of any player.
3. In the event any player registers late there will be no proration of registration fees or other fees required to be paid by any such player.